Friday, October 29, 2021

masking --> social exhaustion --> social isolation

 I have engaged in quite a bit of social isolation, it became really significant during my high school years and  something continued to do throughout college, young adulthood, and now. After listening to a behavior speak podcast episode on ASD in girls I realize that one of the primary reasons I isolate(d) is because masking is exhausting and I was/am terrified that if people found out who I really am without the "Act", they would no longer like me. This led to lots of social isolation and missing out on building real, true relationships. Only a handful of people truly know me and still love me, my family and my husband....and I still am amazed by him and think he is unbalanced or something to love me in spite of knowing the real me

No comments:

Post a Comment