Friday, October 29, 2021

sensory processing????

I think I know what may be a key contributing factor to all my anxiety....i constantly feel bombarded by information (both sensory and intellectually) and I have no idea what to pay attention to (weak central coherance) or how to process it so I eventually shut down because I feel so helpless. I have always had this issue of seeing the big picture, identifying main ideas (my text books and annotated articles are basically all highlighted) but it has grown exponentially worse in the past year and honestly interferes with my ability to function...I think that is why I feel so down and flat, it is because I am so overwhelmed by everything and tired from trying to sort it out....not that knowing this helps me...

all of this does not help my goal of pursuing a career in research and obtaining my phd...how can I possibly navigate the application process and (if by some miracle get into a program) degree program when I cannot navigate daily living and am so far removed from academic experience. I would love to audit a bunch of statistics and research methods courses to brush up on my knowledge...maybe I should contact old professors at SCSU...

No comments:

Post a Comment